Got a remarkable weather photo? Why not share it on About Weather - it could end up in the monthly gallery of reader submitted photos!
How to Submit Your Photo
Please cut and paste the below photo sumbission form into the body of an email message, attach images, and mail to email@example.com. Please include the words "Weather Photo Submission" in the subject line.
You can also submit photos in the Weather Forum.
Only .jpg, .tif, .png, .gif, and .bmp files will be accepted.
Photo Submission Form:
(Submissions missing this info will NOT be accepted.)
- Your first and last name
- Tell us how you'd like to be credited. Full name? Initials?
- Your email address (will not be shown)
- Photo location, date taken
- Photo caption or comments
- Include this statement of release: I certify that I am the author or sole owner of the material I am submitting to About, Inc. About, Inc. and its licensees may reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works and otherwise use the material for any purpose in any form and on any media. I agree to indemnify About, Inc. for all damages and expenses that may be incurred in connection with the material.
Not All Images Will Be Selected
How many pictures are actually used will depend on several things, including how many are submitted. To give yours the best chance of getting picked, make sure it isn't blurry, too dark, or of poor quality.
By submitting images, you agree to the following:
About.com offers no compensation for the images.
The use of images does not constitute an endorsement by About.com of any information, products, or services.
The submitted images can be used on the About.com Weather website (image credit will be given to the photographer).
The submitted images may be downloaded, copied, and used by others.
If an image is of poor quality or inappropriate in nature it will not be used.
If complaints of copyright infringement are received, the image in question will be removed from the About.com Weather website immediately.
For more information, please see the About.com User Agreement.