Got a remarkable weather photo? Why not share it on About Weather!
How to Submit Your Photo
Please attach images to email and mail to email@example.com. Please include the following in your email:
- "Weather Photo Submission" in the subject line
- Your first and last name
- Tell me how you'd like to be credited (Full name? Initials?)
- Photo location and date taken
- Photo caption or comments
- If you approve of the photo being used on this site, please also state this in your email (say something like "You may use this photo on About.com".)
If you'd like your photo to be considered for use on the blog or in articles around the website, you must grant permission for its use. To do this, the photo must be yours, that is, you must own the copyright for its distribution. (Usually this means you are the photographer that took the picture.) You must also authorize me to use the image. I receive a number of outstanding photos, but cannot use them because the photographer does not state whether or not I can. If this happens, I may send a follow up email asking for permission to do so.
If your photo is used anywhere on the site, you will be sent a notification email with the URL for the article or gallery where your photo was used.
By agreeing that your images can be used, you agree to the following:
- About.com offers no compensation for the images.
- The use of images does not constitute an endorsement by About.com of any information, products, or services.
- The submitted images can be used on the About.com Weather website (images will include attribution to you).
- Photos may be cropped, re-sized, etc. to meet the requirements for use but will not be significantly changed.
- The submitted images may be downloaded, copied, and used by others.
- If an image is of poor quality or inappropriate in nature it will not be used.
- If complaints of copyright infringement are received, the image in question will be removed from the About.com Weather website immediately.
For more information, please see the About.com User Agreement.
I'm very much looking forward to seeing what odd, significant, and/or beautiful weather events you may be experiencing in your area!